Friday, November 9, 2012

Day 47: Online Practice

Back to the computer lab for more practice online with the Carnegie Learning Software. 

I stress to the students that most are stuck in Unit 1 online (linear equations) and that I set up the software to run alongside the class which is in the equivalent of Unit 5 online. Of course, they want to be skipped ahead to catch up, but I refuse pointing out that they're behind because they don't use class time efficiently and because they're not practicing at home, which is one of the major reasons we have the online tutoring software. 

Surprisingly, my regular geometry class was actually the best behaved and most on-task in the lab. I might readjust how I spend time with that class and get them in the lab more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment