Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 32: Review & Practice

I made a point to get U2 Quiz 4 graded and back to students ASAP in preparation for the Unit 2 Assessment. SBG has really made me refocus how I spent my energy in terms of what I grade, and what I do when I'm up against a deadline like a formative assessment. In the past, if I was pressed for time, I would just grade quizzes after the fact. But why bother? If the quiz is meant to give targeted feedback to help guide studying, it's not worth anything if students take the test before seeing their results. 

We spent the day in the computer lab with students having the option to either practice with the online Carnegie software, look over their quiz results, or write their note sheet for the Unit 2 Assessment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment