Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 20: Practice with estimation

Piggy backing off yesterday's lesson and the idea that angles are a measure of rotation, I had my classes spend today getting comfortable with estimate angles through a couple of simple online games. 

Estimating Angles (from NRICH)

Alien Angles (from Math Playground)

The games are very simple, but I think that actually kept some students more engaged than they would have been otherwise. Some kids got tired of it pretty fast, but I reminded them of their homework (solving proportions) and the other online learning software we use (Carnegie). 

Much better day all around, but computer lab days usually are. I also handed back the results from Unit 1 with standard based progress report. Tomorrow we'll go over what it means and how to go about reassessments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment