Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 25: Assessment and Discussion

First portion of the class was the 2nd quiz for Unit 2 on proper use of a ruler & protractor. It never ceases to amaze me how many students think during an assessment is the proper time to state "I don't know how to do this" and ask for direct instruction.

After the quiz we went over WS3 on classifying and naming angles. I made a specific point to emphasize the difference between those two words as well as the importance of evidence when declaring an angle to be "right." I really want students to understand the theme of the class as being the need justify reasoning without relying on an "I think..." mentality. 

The rest of the week will be spent on the last part of the unit which deals with identifying angle pairs and learning how to solve for their measure. This is another one of those brilliant ideas I had in terms of sequencing, but I never really got around to thinking about *how* to put it into action. Here's hoping for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment